Saturday, December 16, 2017

2017 BIG FISH YEAR

It has been a while since I updated the blog, almost 2 years.  Bad for me so it is time to update my fishing adventures.
A lot of changes in my life, with my daughter moving into her own house and a lot of DIY projects at her house and at my house (a better Man Cave with a bathroom, grilling station on the new patio).  

But for the few fishing times there has been, it was a couple of years of Big Fish.  Don’t know why but maybe a better concentration in the areas where the big ones live and best use of the time on the water.   
The bass fishing was spectacular with many Purdy Frogs raising the big ones. There is nothing better than the topwater action early mornings.  The frogs in the timber were the answer.  Some of these frogs are on in the blog, and I continue to make the hand carved balsa wood frogs and then use the copic marker and paint to bring these forms to life.  

The other fishing success over the last two years was in the North Carolina rivers.  The trout were large and the stock brookies were enormous.  Catching these fish on my 5 wt bamboo rod, (Rattlesnake A), made these fish special and a lot of fun.  Got to name your rods.   The beautiful  
browns were also great to hook up and still my favorite fish.


So enjoy a few pictures of the BIG ONES and look forward to more adventures.














No comments:

Post a Comment